- Division of Natural Resources
- Division of Integrated Farming Systems
- Division of Plant Improvement and Pest Management
- Division of Livestock Production and Range Management
- Division of Agricultural Engineering and Renewable Energy
- Division of Transfer of Technology and Training
Division of Natural Resources
- Integrated assessment and monitoring of natural resources and desertification
- Biodiversity conservation and identification of associated bio-active molecules
- Weather monitoring and weather based agro-advisory
- Agronomy, Agro-meteorology, Economic Botany, Geography, Pedology, Soil and Water Conservation Engineering, Soil Chemistry
- Integrated assessment of the natural resources of hot arid zone
- Spatial assessment of soil carbon and carbon sequestration and plant biomass estimation
- Desertification assessment and mapping
- Quantitative drainage basin analysis and arid zone hydrology
- Assessment of soil fertility changes in western Rajasthan
- Landuse, land degradation,assessment and mapping
- Vegatation ecology and informatics
- Evapo-transpiration and crop-weather relationship of arid zone crops
- Agro-meteorological advisory services for farmers
Division of Integrated Farming Systems
- Basic and applied research for sustainable farming systems
- Precision technologies for optimum resource utilization
- Production of quality planting material
- Agronomy, Agroforestry, Horticulture, Plant Physiology, Soil and Water Conservation Engineering, Soil Physics
- Integrated farming system for sustainability in arid zone.
- Agro-technological options for field crops, trees, horticultural and medicinal plants for sustainability in Indian arid zone
- Organic farming for livelihood security
- Production of quality planting material of horticulture and forest plants.
- Protected agriculture for improving water productivity
- Nano-technological interventions for enhancing crop productivity
- Long term fertiliser experiment on pearl millet cropping
- DUS testing centre for selected horticultural crops
- Development of value chain of economically important plants
Division of Plant Improvement and Pest Management
- Genetic improvement of crops, grasses and woody perennials
- Developing integrated pest and disease management modules
- Production of quality seed
- Plant Improvement and Biotechnology, Plant Breeding, Plant Genetics, Entomology, Plant Pathology and Nematology
- Biodiversity conservation and genetic enhancement
- Improve production of quality seeds / planting material
- Molecular and biochemical aspects for plant improvement
- Integrated pest management (IPM) for safe production
- Production of quality planting material
Division of Livestock Production and Range Management
- Improvement in existing livestock production systems to alleviate climatic stress
- Management of rangelands and fodder crops
- Balanced feed formulation utilizing locally available feed resources
- Livestock Production and Management, Animal Nutrition and Agronomy
- Conservation and improvement of arid livestock (Tharparkar cattle, Marwari and Parbatsari goats) and optimization of feeding and management conditions using local resources
- Economic formulation of supplementary and complete feeds and their evaluation
- Development of silvipasture and rangeland management systems for optimum livestock production
- Cultivation of pasture grasses and fodder crops for round the year forage production
- Value addition of goat milk products
Division of Agricultural Engineering and Renewable Energy
- Design and development of efficient farm implements and tools for arid agriculture
- Renewable energy utilization in agriculture
- Development of appropriate post-harvest technology for storage and value addition of arid produce
- Agricultural Structures and Process Engineering, Farm Machinery and Power, Physics, Soil Science
- Design and development of PV-hybrid structures and improved devices for arid region
- Refinement of the selected agro processing machines for arid produce
- Optimization of energy and water use in solar PV pump based micro-irrigation system
- Development and dissemination of modular up-scaled solar devices with alternative materials
- Optimization of PCM thermal energy storage in solar dryer for year-round dehydration of vegetables
- Design and development of solar dryer with phase change material thermal storage for herbal and spices crop drying
- Development of dual purpose mechanical barrier to control wind erosion with simultaneous utilization of renewable energy
- Development of FYM applicator
Division of Transfer of Technology and Training
- Understanding adoption process and impact assessment of Improved technologies
- Capacity building of stakeholders through customized training modules
- Strengthening linkages with various state line departments
- Agricultural Extension, Extension Education and Communication, Home Science Extension, Agronomy and Food and Nutrition
- Dissemination of selected CAZRI technologies for strengthening resiliency of production systems in arid areas.
- Socio-economic and policy studies with respect to arid farming systems, livestock, climate change adaptation and government schemes related to employment and livelihood security.
- On-farm assessment of improved technologies for sustainable agriculture in arid region.
- Promotion of Integrated Farming System in arid region to mitigate production and marketing risks.
- Analysis of integration of technologies and enterprises by innovative farmers in arid region for enhancing income from and sustainability of farming.
- Capacity building of farmers, farm women, youth, SHGs, extension functionaries and other stakeholders.
- Technical backstopping to different programmes for development of arid agriculture.
- Single window delivery system of CAZRI technological products, services and information through Agricultural Technology Information Centre (ATIC).